Home » News » Public Safety
Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire
The charred remains of a house, garage and trucks destroyed by fire continue to smolder after this morning blaze at 9 Sweet Hill Road in Plaistow (Jason Schreiber)
Plaistow fire Lt. John Stevens hoses down hot spots after a fire destroyed a house at 9 Sweet Hill Road in Plaistow this morning. (Jason Schreiber)
The fire was reported around 2:45 a.m. The first police officer on the scene arrived within about three minutes and discovered the two-story colonial house engulfed in flames.
The fire leveled the house, a garage, and destroyed two trucks parked at the residence. A shed behind the house was also damaged.
The state fire marshal's office was contacted, but McArdle said he doesn't believe the fire is suspicious.
Next-door neighbor Laurie Houlihan and her husband were awakened by what sounded like "a loud yelp."
She said Bartlett moved into the residence last year. His parents also recently moved into a new house nearby.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 20
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it