Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole
"After an investigation, it was determined the driver was distracted and using her cellphone to check her Facebook status," said Sgt. Aaron Goodwin.
Kelsie Hoyne, 23, of Portsmouth, was cited for negligent driving. She was treated at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. A passenger wasn't hurt.
The accident, reported around 10:15 a.m., forced Elwyn Road to be closed for about an hour to allow for Public Service of New Hampshire to repair the phone.
Goodwin had a little advice for drivers and their phones.
"If you hear your phone go off, wait until you're in a safe location before you check your status," he said. "Either one of them could have been killed today."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917