Plymouth State speaker tells grads to 'Become agents of change'
Graduates celebrate during Saturday's Plymouth State commencement. (Courtesy Plymouth State Univeristiy)
"All of our hard work has paid off," she said.
Bachelor's and master's degrees were awarded at Plymouth State University's 142nd commencement, as were certificates of advanced graduate studies.
"I'm a child of the 20th century, a time of the Cold War, and genocide . a daunting and depressive chapter of history that you didn't ask for," he said.
"You inherit this complex legacy of the 20th century, but you can be agents of change," he said. "If that sounds like happy talk, ask a woman in Afghanistan why the U.S. is a beacon of hope for women around the world."
"The Ten Commandments are not the 10 suggestions," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. appeals court ruling ends Obamacare subsidies for coverage through exchanges such as NH's - 10
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major in Alton during weekend - 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 5
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 2
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals court ruling ends Obamacare subsidies for coverage through exchanges such as NH's
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's