NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes
JUNIOR starting pitcher Junior Mendez and graduate student outfielder Andrew Pezzuto of the Southern New Hampshire University baseball team have each been named first-team all-region selections by both Daktronics and the National Collegiate Baseball Writers' Association last week.
A SENIOR captain on the Plymouth State University men's ice hockey team has been honored for his successful accomplishment in the classroom and in the community as well as on the ice.<br /><br />Kyle Greco was voted for the second straight year to the Capital One Academic All-District 1 Team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America. Greco was named to the NCAA Division III Men's At-Large Team and is under consideration for selection to the Capital One Academic All-America team, which will be announced later this spring. Greco was a Capital One Academic All-District first-team and Capital One Academic All-America third-team selection in 2012.
KEENE STATE College's Austin Harris has been named to the Capital One Academic All-District men's at-large team. It's the second year in a row Harris has received the honor.<br /><br />A senior swimmer from Essex Junction, Vt., Harris, an architecture major and a freestyle sprinter and relay specialists, got the job done in the classroom and the pool this year.
WHEATON College junior Ashante Little of Seabrook earned three all-conference honors at the ECAC Championships Friday in Springfield, Mass. An All-American out of Winnacunnet High in Hampton, Little captured first place in the 100-meter dash, breaking her own school record with a time of 13.89 seconds, the fastest in the nation this year in Division III.
The University of New Hampshire men's basketball team has added transfer student Joe Bramanti of Andover, Mass. Bramanti comes from Wright State.<br /><br />"We are really happy to have Joe join our program here at UNH," said UNH head coach Bill Herrion. "Even though he has to sit out next year, we are getting a player that is coming from two very successful programs, at Brewster Academy and Wright State. So he has been exposed to what it takes to win. With next year's recruiting class, we needed to bring in a guard that could play a couple of different positions on the perimeter. He will fill that need with next year's class and will bring toughness, competitiveness and a defensive mind set to our team."
Email information for "College Notebook" to email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 1
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: NH Senate Majority Leader Bradley latest to endorse Boothby for Executive Council - 0
- New Ipswich cafeteria worker accused of inappropriate online contact with minor - 0
- Two Nashua men steal empty ATM - 0
- Peterborough man remains free, pending appeal, after conviction on child pornography offenses - 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840