Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids
Back to Bikram
I recently wrote about seeking acupuncture therapy to relieve some chronic aches and pains. The acupuncture definitely helped. But, then I served Margaritas for 13 hours on Cinco de Mayo and I could barely walk the next day, let alone participate in my normal exercise routine.
Owner Pubali Campbell's new space is huge, with a larger lobby, more showers and a "hot room" that can now accommodate 25 more students. After a recent class, she told me she considered all the challenges of her former space and improved them at the new studio.
Blake's is celebrating 50 years of producing premium ice cream in Manchester, and it is looking to name one creative ice cream lover the "Blake's Flavorologist." You can be considered for the position by submitting a new flavor suggestion by this Friday.
Of course people are getting excited. The winning flavorologist gets free ice cream for a whole year. This ice cream addict has already made her submission. But coming up with something new to add to the creamery's existing 75 flavors wasn't easy.
Meetup at Mi-Te-Na
If you were one of the many local boys who attended Manchester YMCA's Camp Mi-Te-Na, you are invited to meet up with alumni at the Alton camp's Centennial Celebration June 7 through the 9th. Manchester native and Mi-Te-Na alumnus Ben Howe said he is looking forward to the festivities, which include all kinds of traditional camp activities, as well as an auction and dinner cruise.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Last year's Memorial Day Community Event and Duck Race was so much fun, Manchester Community Health Center has decided to do it again.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 2
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 3
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
After riots, soul-searching begins
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy