Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids
Back to Bikram
I recently wrote about seeking acupuncture therapy to relieve some chronic aches and pains. The acupuncture definitely helped. But, then I served Margaritas for 13 hours on Cinco de Mayo and I could barely walk the next day, let alone participate in my normal exercise routine.
Owner Pubali Campbell's new space is huge, with a larger lobby, more showers and a "hot room" that can now accommodate 25 more students. After a recent class, she told me she considered all the challenges of her former space and improved them at the new studio.
Blake's is celebrating 50 years of producing premium ice cream in Manchester, and it is looking to name one creative ice cream lover the "Blake's Flavorologist." You can be considered for the position by submitting a new flavor suggestion by this Friday.
Of course people are getting excited. The winning flavorologist gets free ice cream for a whole year. This ice cream addict has already made her submission. But coming up with something new to add to the creamery's existing 75 flavors wasn't easy.
Meetup at Mi-Te-Na
If you were one of the many local boys who attended Manchester YMCA's Camp Mi-Te-Na, you are invited to meet up with alumni at the Alton camp's Centennial Celebration June 7 through the 9th. Manchester native and Mi-Te-Na alumnus Ben Howe said he is looking forward to the festivities, which include all kinds of traditional camp activities, as well as an auction and dinner cruise.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Last year's Memorial Day Community Event and Duck Race was so much fun, Manchester Community Health Center has decided to do it again.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 3
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 66
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 16
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'