Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids
Back to Bikram
I recently wrote about seeking acupuncture therapy to relieve some chronic aches and pains. The acupuncture definitely helped. But, then I served Margaritas for 13 hours on Cinco de Mayo and I could barely walk the next day, let alone participate in my normal exercise routine.
Owner Pubali Campbell's new space is huge, with a larger lobby, more showers and a "hot room" that can now accommodate 25 more students. After a recent class, she told me she considered all the challenges of her former space and improved them at the new studio.
Blake's is celebrating 50 years of producing premium ice cream in Manchester, and it is looking to name one creative ice cream lover the "Blake's Flavorologist." You can be considered for the position by submitting a new flavor suggestion by this Friday.
Of course people are getting excited. The winning flavorologist gets free ice cream for a whole year. This ice cream addict has already made her submission. But coming up with something new to add to the creamery's existing 75 flavors wasn't easy.
Meetup at Mi-Te-Na
If you were one of the many local boys who attended Manchester YMCA's Camp Mi-Te-Na, you are invited to meet up with alumni at the Alton camp's Centennial Celebration June 7 through the 9th. Manchester native and Mi-Te-Na alumnus Ben Howe said he is looking forward to the festivities, which include all kinds of traditional camp activities, as well as an auction and dinner cruise.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Last year's Memorial Day Community Event and Duck Race was so much fun, Manchester Community Health Center has decided to do it again.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief