No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken
And while the winning, $590 million Powerball ticket was sold in Florida, New Hampshire did have its share of winners in the Saturday Powerball drawing:
• A $1 million ticket sold at the Exit 3 Travel Stop in Portsmouth.
• A $10,000 ticket sold at Sally’s Food Market in Nashua. Merquiades Vidal of Nashua claimed the prize.
• A $10,000 ticket sold at Cumberland Farms in Rochester. Jessica Meyer of Cape Neddick, Maine, claimed the prize.
Lottery ticket sales meant nearly $500,000 in commissions to retailers, and $2.4 million for education funding in New Hampshire.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.