Home » Opinion » Editorials
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
A group of Free Keene activists have been "Robin Hooding" in the city, feeding coins into people's expired parking meters so they will not get a ticket. Alas, what might have been a welcoming gesture to residents and visitors has become a tale of harassment and incivility.
Video posted on the Free Keene website shows a meter reader being shouted at as she issues a ticket. She says, "I'm just doing my job," and someone responds by yelling at her, saying she is stealing. The same video shows at least four people surrounding a meter reader and following her with video cameras, most of the circling crowd within arm's reach. Robin Hood's men were supposed to be merry, not uncivil and rude.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'