Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
No surprise there.
Shapiro, a 5-foot-3 junior attack, has been outstanding for the Bulldogs since she stepped on the field as a freshman.
She now has 204 goals and 49 assists.
"She's a competitor," said Bedford coach Christine Hodgdon. "She's tenacious and she's shifty. She does all the draws and leads us in all categories. She's a complete player. She's got the best footwork I've seen in a long time."
Shapiro scored 56 goals as a freshman and 79 as sophomore and is up to 69 this season with a pair of regular season games and the tournament to go.
Hanover 22, Bishop Guertin 12: At Nashua, the Marauders ran their record to 14-1, while the Cardinals dropped to 8-4. Kristin Cameron scored four goals, Callie Santos three and Averi Farhart a pair for Bishop Guertin. Caley Prunier, Nicole Pettiglio and Jess Lambert each added a goal.
Goffstown 11, Merrimack 5: At Merrimack, Logan Allard and Jake Carney scored three goals each to lead the Grizzlies (9-4). Carney also had five assists. Tyler Bradford had a pair of goals for Merrimack (4-10).
Pinkerton 3, Dover 1: In Derry, Nate Rossi provided a two-run first inning single and gave pitcher Chris Gerossie all he needed to chalk up the win. He scattered four hits and fanned five. Connor Donahue notched the save and contributed an RBI triple. Pinkerton is 6-11 and Dover fell to 10-7.
Alvirne 9, Memorial 3: The Broncos scored six runs in the fifth inning to power past visiting Manchester Memorial. Dakota Williams had two hits and two RBIs while Tyler Brown struck out 10.
Newmarket 5, Derryfield 2: In Manchester, Sean Fleming pitched a complete game five-hitter with 12 strikeouts for the 12-3 Mules. The lefthander issued no walks. Dom Cappadona and Nick Regan each drove in a run for the 8-6 Cougars.
Concord 4, Central 1: Concord scored four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to erase a 1-0 deficit en route to a win at home. Concord pitcher Katie Kennard got the win and helped the Crimson Tide improve to 14-2. Central fell to 8-8.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central-Trinity game will resume Jan. 19 - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Ice storm threatens the region
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass