Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up
Last week, the university said it will pay about $100,000 to a New York City design firm that has prepared three possible logos. The notion is to modernize the image of UNH and distant it from the single-campus model that is implicit in the Thompson Hall logo.
Scotty Arsenault said the university should hire a local artist. "You're paying a ridiculous amount for insultingly mediocre designs. Don't limit yourselves to this shield/crest concept," he wrote.
"We need to compete nationally and internationally for students and dollars," she said.
UNH President Mark Huddleston will make the final decision on the logo, Mantz said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Ayotte says strategy is needed to defeat ISIS - 1
- Mass. journalist freed in Syria; kidnappers are a rival group of Foley's murderers - 0
- Close to a thousand people remember James Foley at service in Rochester - 1
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- News veteran Balboni says Foley 'found his calling' covering war zones. - 0
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 31
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld; Hassan asks lawmakers to repeal the law - 3
- Owner sought after fatal pitbull attack near Tuckerman Ravine - 1
- Big smiles as Market Basket customers and workers return - 7
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help