Cause of death for Army Ranger from Derry as yet undetermined
DeMeo, a 2007 Pinkerton Academy graduate, died unexpectedly while stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C., on May 14.
DeMeo was “a prince who God called back to his kingdom,” according to his parents, Paul and Lucienne DeMeo.
“Paul was a charming person who always looked out for his brothers and sisters,” said Lucienne. “As an Army officer, Paul looked out for his troops as if they were family. He was humble and always driven to do better. He had the most beautiful smile.”
“Being born on and living on a military installation in a foreign country until he was 13½, the military was the lifestyle he knew,” said his father.
Steadman remembered DeMeo as a natural leader who earned the respect of students and instructors.
DeMeo was also the first member of the Pinkerton Academy Air Force Junior ROTC program to attend a service academy, graduating from West Point in 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire