Cause of death for Army Ranger from Derry as yet undetermined
DeMeo, a 2007 Pinkerton Academy graduate, died unexpectedly while stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C., on May 14.
DeMeo was “a prince who God called back to his kingdom,” according to his parents, Paul and Lucienne DeMeo.
“Paul was a charming person who always looked out for his brothers and sisters,” said Lucienne. “As an Army officer, Paul looked out for his troops as if they were family. He was humble and always driven to do better. He had the most beautiful smile.”
“Being born on and living on a military installation in a foreign country until he was 13½, the military was the lifestyle he knew,” said his father.
Steadman remembered DeMeo as a natural leader who earned the respect of students and instructors.
DeMeo was also the first member of the Pinkerton Academy Air Force Junior ROTC program to attend a service academy, graduating from West Point in 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Decommissioning set for fire-damaged USS Miami - 0
- Generals from NH in change of command - 0
- China blames Xinjiang militants for deadly attack at station - 1
- NH Ukranians fear Putin's ego motives - 3
- Six NH Air National Guardsmen off to Kuwait for 6 months - 1
READER COMMENTS: 5
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 5
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 2
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition