No 'official' Winni Derby big catch winner announced yet
Derby volunteers are meeting Thursday to determine the time and place where 17-year-old Bishop Brady High School junior Dakota Wright will take a polygraph test to assure that he caught his derby-winning 22.5-inch, 3.7-pound salmon in Lake Winnipesaukee.
Derby officials decided this year to enforce its Rule 15, which requires a polygraph test for the winner of the salmon contest.
Derby chair Diane LaBrie said the polygraph administrator is from Ossipee, and the derby staff are volunteers with day jobs, so scheduling of the test has not been done yet.
LaBrie also said the polygraph operator's procedure does not permit photographs to be taken during the test.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After board OK's extension, Manchester mayor slams Hooksett tuition offer - 1
- Operation Santa helps disabled, elderly residents - 0
- Salem Christmas Fund donors - 0
- Farm movement founders honored at community agricultural day ceremony - 0
- Salem High opts out of federal program in effort to get more students to buy lunch - 0
- Villa Augustina parent board says Goffstown schools not only prospective buyer - 0
- Goffstown schools eyeing former Villa Augustina building - 0
- Jack Savage's Forest Journal: Howling in suburbia: Coyotes and the 'Beau Geste' - 0
- Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll