Meredith docks repair in time for holiday weekend
The docks, which are heavily used on Memorial Day and all summer long by boaters coming into and leaving Meredith Bay, were damaged when the ice left Lake Winnipesaukee earlier in the spring.
It's happened before, he said. In 2007, there was similar damage, and likely in years before then, he said. The problem occurs when weather elements combine in just the right way, with winds pushing the ice in the right direction.
The project will likely cost several thousand dollars, Faller said.
Ambrose crews were on the scene Wednesday, having dropped a barge with some heavy equipment in the lake. Workers pulled it to the front of the dock, where they began removing the damaged pilings.
"That is unless we find surprises," he said, such as more damage than had been previously found in the docks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow - 0
- Feeling Scrooge-ish? Just visit the Festival of Trees - 0
- Monadnock Conservancy gets towns' financial help - 0
- Wreaths Around Wadleigh auction raises about $1,000 for library programs - 0
- Wreaths Across America get big send-off - 0
- Bedford council to unveil 'conservative' $26.6M plan - 0
- Website: Durham best in NH for young families, Hooksett, Littleton also rank high - 0
- Register in January for Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Winter Workshop - 0
- Fundraising Underway to Support Tern Research at Isles of Shoals - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
2013 Holiday Happenings
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice