Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun
Dalton Cyr, 21, will appear before a judge to enter his guilty plea on May 28, and be sentenced on the same day, according to court records.
Terms of the plea deal have not been made public. The simple assault and attempt to take a firearm charges were felonies punishable by prison time.
Salem police responded to a report of two men fighting in the street near the home around 3:30 a.m., but discovered the party was at the home nearby.
Prosecutors say that Cyr grabbed at Salem police Officer Joseph Freda’s firearm from his holster and kicked Freda while being taken into custody.
Prosecutors sought an enhanced penalty on the simple assault charge — usually a misdemeanor — because Freda was acting in his official capacity as a police officer.
Cyr has been held at the Rockingham County jail on $50,000 bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 8
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 1
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 6
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 7
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424