Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun
Dalton Cyr, 21, will appear before a judge to enter his guilty plea on May 28, and be sentenced on the same day, according to court records.
Terms of the plea deal have not been made public. The simple assault and attempt to take a firearm charges were felonies punishable by prison time.
Salem police responded to a report of two men fighting in the street near the home around 3:30 a.m., but discovered the party was at the home nearby.
Prosecutors say that Cyr grabbed at Salem police Officer Joseph Freda’s firearm from his holster and kicked Freda while being taken into custody.
Prosecutors sought an enhanced penalty on the simple assault charge — usually a misdemeanor — because Freda was acting in his official capacity as a police officer.
Cyr has been held at the Rockingham County jail on $50,000 bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth