Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun
Dalton Cyr, 21, will appear before a judge to enter his guilty plea on May 28, and be sentenced on the same day, according to court records.
Terms of the plea deal have not been made public. The simple assault and attempt to take a firearm charges were felonies punishable by prison time.
Salem police responded to a report of two men fighting in the street near the home around 3:30 a.m., but discovered the party was at the home nearby.
Prosecutors say that Cyr grabbed at Salem police Officer Joseph Freda’s firearm from his holster and kicked Freda while being taken into custody.
Prosecutors sought an enhanced penalty on the simple assault charge — usually a misdemeanor — because Freda was acting in his official capacity as a police officer.
Cyr has been held at the Rockingham County jail on $50,000 bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Derry public works employee intends to admit to $12k theft - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 0
- Handshake between prosecutor, defendant draws some attention - 0
- Clarksville man facing 14 felony charges - 0
- Hudson woman accused of making meth inside her apartment - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Sex offender accused of selling heroin to undercover police officer - 0
- No charges in Nashua 'Duck-gate' - 0
- Vermont man indicted for 2013 Milan home robberies - 0
- Fugitive nabbed at hotel in Bow as he checks out the weather - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Haverhill American Legion post accused of allowing gambling - 0
- Group's efforts continue toward school auditorium - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires - 0
- Riders can't convince Manchester Water Works of horse sense - 0
- Toll relief not seen as sure thing for Merrimack - 0
- NH GOP says Shaheen campaign coordinating with SuperPACs - 0
- Bill would hike age of adults in criminal justice system to 18 - 0
- Drone bill shot down in Senate - 0
- NH Supreme Court refuses to expedite appeal in Rockingham County Attorney lawsuit - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917