Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Rangers win in overtime, stay alive for Game 5
Boston leads the best-of-seven series 3-1. Game 5 is Saturday afternoon at T.D. Garden.
Nathan Horton, Torey Krug and Tyler Seguin also scored for Boston. Tuukka Rask made 28 saves for the Bruins.
Horton’s power play goal put Boston up 1-0 4:39 into the second period. It was his fifth goal of the playoffs. King scored his third goal of the series 3:02 later.
Stepan’s unassisted goal 1:15 into the third tied the score at 2.
Seguin put Boston up 3-2 with his first goal of the playoffs at 8:06 of the third.
NOTES: Rangers center Brad Richards announced at Thursday’s morning skate he was a healthy scratch for Game 4. “I’m just disappointed,” Richards said. The New York center has been relegated to the fourth line since Game 4 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against the Washington Capitals. He has averaged 10:47 of ice time in the series against the Bruins. Richards vowed to “work harder and try my best to never let this happen again.” ... This is the 10th time the Rangers and the Bruins have met in a Stanley Cup playoff series. The Bruins have a 6-3 series edge, but Boston has never swept New York in a best-of-seven. The Bruins beat the Rangers 2-0 in a two-game semifinal series in 1927 due to aggregate goal differential. Two years later, the Bruins swept the Rangers 2-0 in the Stanley Cup final.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal