Milford's Morgan Andrews named Gatorade NationalGirls Soccer Player of the Year
Milford High School's Morgan Andrews holds the trophy she received for being named the 2012-13 Gatorade National Girls Soccer Player of the Year during a presentation at the school. Andrews, only the ninth two-time winner in history, was surprised with the news by three-time gold medalist Heather O'Reilly. SUSAN GOLDMAN/GATORADE
Now she has.
Andrews on Wednesday became the first athlete to repeat as winner of the Gatorade National Girls’ Soccer Player of the Year award, an honor established in 1985. She received the 2012-13 award during a surprise assembly at Milford High School, where she has excelled for four years in academics and community service, as well as athletics.
“Everybody in this room knows what a special girl Morgan is,” O’Reilly said. “She is not only an incredible athletic, she is extremely hard working, she is humble and she is a leader.”
“Because of her athletic excellence, academic achievement and exemplary character, Morgan truly embodies the values we seek to acknowledge and reward through the Gatorade Player of the Year program,” Laroche said.
“You’re my friends — like I said, my dance partners, always, and my sisters, always,” she said.
She’d already made a statement about her feelings for her another brother, Michael, forgoing a trip to Switzerland with the national 20-under team to serve as bridesmaid in his wedding on June 1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central-Trinity game will resume Jan. 19 - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Ice storm threatens the region
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass