Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the homicide unit, said an investigation is ongoing into the deaths of two of the home's occupants.
The state's Medical Examiner will be conducting autopsies to determine the cause and manner of deaths. Their identities are being withheld pending notification of next of kin, he said.
"We have not arrested anybody as of yet," he said late Friday night.
Tilton police say they have detained someone wanted in relation to the investigation.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who were named Carter, moved in about a month ago. There were two males, he said, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Strelzin confirmed that an alert went out Friday afternoon to Inter-Lakes High School in Meredith in connection with the case, but would not give further details.
Ormond said she didn't know what the danger was, but put the school into a "secure campus" mode for a period of about 45 minutes. She wasn't sure what the link to Belmont might have been.
The New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit and the Belmont Police Department are continuing to investigate the incident, and ask that anyone with information call the New Hampshire State Police at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424