Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the homicide unit, said an investigation is ongoing into the deaths of two of the home's occupants.
The state's Medical Examiner will be conducting autopsies to determine the cause and manner of deaths. Their identities are being withheld pending notification of next of kin, he said.
"We have not arrested anybody as of yet," he said late Friday night.
Tilton police say they have detained someone wanted in relation to the investigation.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who were named Carter, moved in about a month ago. There were two males, he said, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Strelzin confirmed that an alert went out Friday afternoon to Inter-Lakes High School in Meredith in connection with the case, but would not give further details.
Ormond said she didn't know what the danger was, but put the school into a "secure campus" mode for a period of about 45 minutes. She wasn't sure what the link to Belmont might have been.
The New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit and the Belmont Police Department are continuing to investigate the incident, and ask that anyone with information call the New Hampshire State Police at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917