Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the homicide unit, said an investigation is ongoing into the deaths of two of the home's occupants.
The state's Medical Examiner will be conducting autopsies to determine the cause and manner of deaths. Their identities are being withheld pending notification of next of kin, he said.
"We have not arrested anybody as of yet," he said late Friday night.
Tilton police say they have detained someone wanted in relation to the investigation.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who were named Carter, moved in about a month ago. There were two males, he said, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Strelzin confirmed that an alert went out Friday afternoon to Inter-Lakes High School in Meredith in connection with the case, but would not give further details.
Ormond said she didn't know what the danger was, but put the school into a "secure campus" mode for a period of about 45 minutes. She wasn't sure what the link to Belmont might have been.
The New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit and the Belmont Police Department are continuing to investigate the incident, and ask that anyone with information call the New Hampshire State Police at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge increases bail to $100,000 cash for Dover teen accused of starting fire Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester man accused of robbery at knifepoint - 0
- Sunapee man apologizes for deaths of Vermont couple - 0
- Hudson woman arrested in meth lab case - 0
- Candia police investigating possible pitbull fighting - 0
- Man shot by Nashua police says he was acting in self defense - 1
- Diocese issues narrative regarding investigation of monsignor - 0
- Bishops' statements on sentencing of Rev. Msgr. Arsenault - 0
- Man arrested after two men robbed on Canal Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917