Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont
"All I can tell you now is we're investigating a death," said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Strelzin, who is chief of the homicide unit.
Police have been at 20 Sunset Drive in Belmont since early Friday morning.
The home is occupied by a family by the name of Carter, said the owner of the home, who asked not to be identified.
After a be-on-the-lookout alert went out at 1:50 p.m., Tilton Police Chief Robert Cormier said one of his officers detained Shawn Carter, address not given, at 2:20 p.m. and turned him over to Belmont police as requested.
The detention was related to the current investigation in Belmont by the major crimes unit, he said.
The alert said Carter was possibly armed with weapons and was to be considered dangerous, Cormier said.
The owner of the home said the occupants, who moved in about a month ago, were two males, one age 31 and the other age 40, and their mother.
At one point Friday afternoon, Ed Crawford, the owner of neighboring Winnisquam Marine, said police asked the marina to close its doors for a period that lasted a few minutes.
"Apparently they were looking for someone," Crawford said.
Crawford said he hadn't seen anyone at the home this week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917