Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass. was sentenced Friday in Rockingham County Superior Court to charges he secretly recorded a Salem woman while living under her trailer. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Prosecutors said they crafted the harshest sentence they could for Christian Hobbs, 44, but couldn't give him more prison time because one of the laws he broke – violation of privacy – was a misdemeanor.
"While I probably would have liked a little more time, the violation of privacy, which is the most egregious part of this case, unfortunately is a misdemeanor," Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard said on Friday.
Hobbs, formerly of Salem, pleaded guilty Friday to burglary, criminal mischief, violation of privacy and attempted interception and disclosure of telecommunication or oral communications prohibited.
He spent Aug. 14 and 15 under the Salem woman's trailer after secretly planting baby monitors and using a cell phone to take videos and photos of her.
For more on this story, see Saturday editions of the New Hampshire Union Leader.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 28
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917