Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail
"My mother is not the monster she has been made out to be," the 14-year-old said during the more than two-hour sentencing hearing.
Biron, a heavy-set woman with cropped hair, glasses and wearing light-green prison scrubs, told the judge "my life fell apart and my world crashed" in July 2011.
Unimpressed, Barbadoro said there was little in Biron's background that warranted leniency.
"I think the damage you have done to your daughter is incalculable," the judge told Biron.
U.S. Attorney for New Hampshire, John P. Kacavas, said he was "very satisfied" with the sentence.
Kacavas said federal prison counselors will determine if Biron's daughter will have contact with her mother after she turns 18.
He said Biron's conduct followed a period of high stress after her husband abandoned her. Biron turned to alcohol, then "started going down the rabbit hole."
The lawyer stressed that Biron never distributed the videos over the Internet nor did she try to sell the videos she made of her daughter having sex.
Moir said he would appeal, but had no other comment.
Manchester police began investigating Biron in September 2012 after an 18-year-old man told them he met Biron through a Craigslist personal ad she placed.
Later, he said Biron introduced him to her "18-year-old roommate" and encouraged him to have sex with her while Biron video recorded them.
The "roommate" was Biron's daughter, then 13.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917