Home » News » Public Safety
Woman accidentally backs car into husband in Rye, pins him to wall
Rye Police Chief Kevin Walsh said they received a call around 9:16 p.m. from 2000 Ocean Blvd., a condominium building with a common driveway, about a car versus pedestrian.
Officers arrived to learn Ruth McKenney, who Walsh said is in her mid-70s, had accidentally put her vehicle into reverse instead of drive, pinning her husband between the car and a stone wall he had been standing against.
Walsh said the contact was brief and Mr. McKenney did not appear to have any substantial injuries on scene, but was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
Walsh said the whole thing appears to be just an "unfortunate accident."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'