Home » News » Public Safety
Woman accidentally backs car into husband in Rye, pins him to wall
Rye Police Chief Kevin Walsh said they received a call around 9:16 p.m. from 2000 Ocean Blvd., a condominium building with a common driveway, about a car versus pedestrian.
Officers arrived to learn Ruth McKenney, who Walsh said is in her mid-70s, had accidentally put her vehicle into reverse instead of drive, pinning her husband between the car and a stone wall he had been standing against.
Walsh said the contact was brief and Mr. McKenney did not appear to have any substantial injuries on scene, but was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
Walsh said the whole thing appears to be just an "unfortunate accident."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072