Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day
The threat of snow in the higher elevations is the last thing Doris Bedell wants to hear this time of year.
Forecasters say New Hampshire will remain stuck in the same wet weather pattern that's made for a dismal past week.
Things should brighten up by Monday, but before then, Kistner said a low pressure system similar to a late spring nor'easter is expected to develop just south of Cape Cod and move into the Gulf of Maine this weekend.
Coincidentally, Kistner said the latest snowfall on record for New Hampshire is May 26, 1967.
Highs today will only reach into the mid-40s in southern areas to upper 30s to the north.
Sunday's highs will range from the mid-50s south to upper 40s north, Kistner said.
In terms of rain, Kistner said parts of the state could see 1 to 1.5 inches before the wet weather moves out later on Sunday.
The weather should improve in time for Memorial Day parades and observances on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Summit of Mount Washington white with rime ice, snow to follow soon - 0
- Storms in Meredith cause outages - 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 3
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer