NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final
Londonderry got wins from Ryan Broderick at second singles (8-4), Matt McKinney at fourth singles (8-3) and Mike Paquette at fifth singles (8-3).
Bedford 5, Derryfield 4: In Bedford, after splitting singles play, the third-seeded Bulldogs (13-2) won two of the three doubles matches for a Division I quarterfinal win over the No. 6 Cougars (11-4) on Friday. Sadhana Tadepalli teamed up with Abby Ramsey for an 8-1 win at second doubles and the team of Payton Terzian and Anithan Machupali prevailed 8-6 at third doubles. Berklee and Colbi Vaillancourt each won their singles matches for Derryfield and teamed up for a win at first doubles.
Profile 6, Conant 0: Indoors in Lisbon, second-seeded Profile rolled into the Division III final for the second straight year and set up a rematch of last year's final. The defending champion Patriots will meet top seed Bow on Wednesday at Derryfield School in Manchester.
Salem 13, Nashua North 3 (5 inns.): In Nashua, the Blue Devils (7-13) exploded for 12 runs in the third inning en route to a big win over the Titans (13-7) on Friday.
Pinkerton 13, South 2: The Astros (8-11) scored at least one run in each of the four innings they came to bat to end the regular season with a win over the Purple Panthers (6-11) on Friday. Pinkerton had 12 hits as a team. Nick Reed, Matt Byers and Alex Dunn all had one hit each for South.
Pinkerton 4, Nashua South 0: At Nashua, Natalie Fabrizio hurled a three-hit shutout as the Astros (9-9) downed the Purple Panthers (2-16) on Friday. Kelly Fitzsimmons had three of Pinkerton's five hits.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 1
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 3
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained