Home » Sports » College Sports
NCAA finals a first for most FPU Ravens
The Ravens, 35-17, won the East Regional and qualified for the eight-team championship for the sixth time since 2003 and first since 2010.
Graham has a 9-2 record and has allowed 69 hits in 102 1/3 innings while striking out 114 and walking just 18.
McGowan is 7-1 and has allowed 71 hits in 75 innings with 60 strikeouts and 13 walks.
Graham, in particular, has drawn lots of attention.
He has a .352 batting average with nine home runs and 59 RBIs and a 9-4 pitching record with a 3.68 earned run average and five complete games,
Grand Valley State, 34-17, of Allendale Charter Township, Mich., and Minnesota State Mankato, 38-8, play in Franklin Pierce's bracket.
The first-day winners and the first-day losers play each other on Monday.
In 2010, Franklin Pierce lost to Kutztown State in its first game and rebounded with wins over Minnesota State Mankato and Kutztown before being eliminated by California, San Diego in the semifinals. It was the third time the Ravens had made the semis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice