Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Portsmouth pharmacy robbery ends in crash and arrest; motorist injured
Cheryl Lees, 59, of Portsmouth, was arrested after police spotted her SUV and gave chase.
Officers had received a report that a woman passed a note demanding pain medication at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on Islington Road. Police said the robber left in a white SUV, which was spotted on nearby on Middle Street.
As an officer attempted to catch up to the vehicle, it accelerated, crashing into another vehicle on Lafayette Road. Police said the woman then fled on foot but was captured after a brief struggle outside her apartment building on Ledgewood Drive.
Lees was charged with robbery, conduct after an accident, disobeying a police officer, resisting arrest and possession of a controlled drug. She was ordered held on $8,000 cash bail and will be arraigned Tuesday.
One occupant of the other car involved in the crash suffered minor injury, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917