Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Portsmouth pharmacy robbery ends in crash and arrest; motorist injured
Cheryl Lees, 59, of Portsmouth, was arrested after police spotted her SUV and gave chase.
Officers had received a report that a woman passed a note demanding pain medication at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on Islington Road. Police said the robber left in a white SUV, which was spotted on nearby on Middle Street.
As an officer attempted to catch up to the vehicle, it accelerated, crashing into another vehicle on Lafayette Road. Police said the woman then fled on foot but was captured after a brief struggle outside her apartment building on Ledgewood Drive.
Lees was charged with robbery, conduct after an accident, disobeying a police officer, resisting arrest and possession of a controlled drug. She was ordered held on $8,000 cash bail and will be arraigned Tuesday.
One occupant of the other car involved in the crash suffered minor injury, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 2
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal