Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Portsmouth pharmacy robbery ends in crash and arrest; motorist injured
Cheryl Lees, 59, of Portsmouth, was arrested after police spotted her SUV and gave chase.
Officers had received a report that a woman passed a note demanding pain medication at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on Islington Road. Police said the robber left in a white SUV, which was spotted on nearby on Middle Street.
As an officer attempted to catch up to the vehicle, it accelerated, crashing into another vehicle on Lafayette Road. Police said the woman then fled on foot but was captured after a brief struggle outside her apartment building on Ledgewood Drive.
Lees was charged with robbery, conduct after an accident, disobeying a police officer, resisting arrest and possession of a controlled drug. She was ordered held on $8,000 cash bail and will be arraigned Tuesday.
One occupant of the other car involved in the crash suffered minor injury, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424