Home » News » Public Safety
Hikers rescued from separate Monadnock region trails during rough weather
On Friday night , a Fitzwilliam woman, Rebeckah Bullock, 29, became lost while hiking with her 3 1/2 month old puppy.
Bullock's boyfriend, Richard Brackett went looking for her and after a short search contacted the state Fish and Game Department for help at about 11:15 p.m.
Bulloch was found shortly before 4 a.m. Saturday morning. Bullock said she became disoriented at a 90 degree bend in the trail and became lost. The woman built a shelter from hemlock bows to protect her from a steady rain. Officers said she used "recently-acquired survival skills" in building the shelter and remaining in one spot while awaiting rescue.
On Saturday afternoon at about 1:20 p.m., a Swanzey woman suffered a leg injury just below the summit at Mount Monadnock and needed to be carried off the mountain.
Fish and Game said Kristen Goodenough, 42, was descending the Dublin trail leg of Monadnock/Sunapee trail when she hurt her lower leg.
Conservation officers, members of the Monadnock park staff and fire and rescue workers from Dublin, Harrisville and Marlborough were joined by volunteers in carrying Goodenough down the mountain in wind-driven sleet and freezing rain.
She was taken by ambulance to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene for treatment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 2
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 5
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- American Ambulance Service gets accreditation from industry group - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 1
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free by WHO after containing virus - 0
- UNH women's hockey coach hired to restore winning ways - 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 3
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 4
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy