Home » News » Public Safety
Hikers rescued from separate Monadnock region trails during rough weather
On Friday night , a Fitzwilliam woman, Rebeckah Bullock, 29, became lost while hiking with her 3 1/2 month old puppy.
Bullock's boyfriend, Richard Brackett went looking for her and after a short search contacted the state Fish and Game Department for help at about 11:15 p.m.
Bulloch was found shortly before 4 a.m. Saturday morning. Bullock said she became disoriented at a 90 degree bend in the trail and became lost. The woman built a shelter from hemlock bows to protect her from a steady rain. Officers said she used "recently-acquired survival skills" in building the shelter and remaining in one spot while awaiting rescue.
On Saturday afternoon at about 1:20 p.m., a Swanzey woman suffered a leg injury just below the summit at Mount Monadnock and needed to be carried off the mountain.
Fish and Game said Kristen Goodenough, 42, was descending the Dublin trail leg of Monadnock/Sunapee trail when she hurt her lower leg.
Conservation officers, members of the Monadnock park staff and fire and rescue workers from Dublin, Harrisville and Marlborough were joined by volunteers in carrying Goodenough down the mountain in wind-driven sleet and freezing rain.
She was taken by ambulance to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene for treatment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters