Home » News » Public Safety
Hikers rescued from separate Monadnock region trails during rough weather
On Friday night , a Fitzwilliam woman, Rebeckah Bullock, 29, became lost while hiking with her 3 1/2 month old puppy.
Bullock's boyfriend, Richard Brackett went looking for her and after a short search contacted the state Fish and Game Department for help at about 11:15 p.m.
Bulloch was found shortly before 4 a.m. Saturday morning. Bullock said she became disoriented at a 90 degree bend in the trail and became lost. The woman built a shelter from hemlock bows to protect her from a steady rain. Officers said she used "recently-acquired survival skills" in building the shelter and remaining in one spot while awaiting rescue.
On Saturday afternoon at about 1:20 p.m., a Swanzey woman suffered a leg injury just below the summit at Mount Monadnock and needed to be carried off the mountain.
Fish and Game said Kristen Goodenough, 42, was descending the Dublin trail leg of Monadnock/Sunapee trail when she hurt her lower leg.
Conservation officers, members of the Monadnock park staff and fire and rescue workers from Dublin, Harrisville and Marlborough were joined by volunteers in carrying Goodenough down the mountain in wind-driven sleet and freezing rain.
She was taken by ambulance to Cheshire Medical Center in Keene for treatment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test