Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings?
The Boston Bruins closed out their second round series with the New York Rangers with a 3-1 win in Game 5 in Boston Saturday evening, winning the series 4-1 and advancing to the Eastern Conference Final where the red-hot Penguins await.
What could have been a stumbling block, a double-overtime loss to the Senators in Game 3, instead was just a minor speedbump as the Penguins went on to outscore Ottawa 13-5 in Game 4 and Game 5.
The Eastern Conference Final is a collision course for two teams who have both won Stanley Cups in the past five years and have core players who know what it takes to get it done. The styles are drastically different, but anything less than a seven-game series seems unlikely.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 0
- Girls' Basketball: Title defenders are also contenders - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch