Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings?
The Boston Bruins closed out their second round series with the New York Rangers with a 3-1 win in Game 5 in Boston Saturday evening, winning the series 4-1 and advancing to the Eastern Conference Final where the red-hot Penguins await.
What could have been a stumbling block, a double-overtime loss to the Senators in Game 3, instead was just a minor speedbump as the Penguins went on to outscore Ottawa 13-5 in Game 4 and Game 5.
The Eastern Conference Final is a collision course for two teams who have both won Stanley Cups in the past five years and have core players who know what it takes to get it done. The styles are drastically different, but anything less than a seven-game series seems unlikely.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released