Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings?
The Boston Bruins closed out their second round series with the New York Rangers with a 3-1 win in Game 5 in Boston Saturday evening, winning the series 4-1 and advancing to the Eastern Conference Final where the red-hot Penguins await.
What could have been a stumbling block, a double-overtime loss to the Senators in Game 3, instead was just a minor speedbump as the Penguins went on to outscore Ottawa 13-5 in Game 4 and Game 5.
The Eastern Conference Final is a collision course for two teams who have both won Stanley Cups in the past five years and have core players who know what it takes to get it done. The styles are drastically different, but anything less than a seven-game series seems unlikely.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice