Home » Sports » College Sports
Franklin Pierce ousted from NCAA Div. II baseball championship
Franklin Pierce took a 3-1 lead by scoring three times in the top of the third, but Grand Valley State scored five times in the bottom half of the inning before adding two runs in the sixth and two more in the eighth.
Grand Valley State freshman Patrick Kelly allowed three runs on seven hits in seven innings to collect the win. Kelly improved his record to 8-3 and has a 2.34 ERA.
Franklin Pierce collected three hits in its three-run third. Two of those runs scored on Mathieu’s two-out double into the right-field corner.
Infielder Kevin Zak had three of Grand Valley State’s 15 hits. The Lakers (37-18), who have three players hitting .328 or better in their lineup, are now 30-1 when leading after six innings this season.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options