Home » Sports » College Sports
Franklin Pierce ousted from NCAA Div. II baseball championship
Franklin Pierce took a 3-1 lead by scoring three times in the top of the third, but Grand Valley State scored five times in the bottom half of the inning before adding two runs in the sixth and two more in the eighth.
Grand Valley State freshman Patrick Kelly allowed three runs on seven hits in seven innings to collect the win. Kelly improved his record to 8-3 and has a 2.34 ERA.
Franklin Pierce collected three hits in its three-run third. Two of those runs scored on Mathieu’s two-out double into the right-field corner.
Infielder Kevin Zak had three of Grand Valley State’s 15 hits. The Lakers (37-18), who have three players hitting .328 or better in their lineup, are now 30-1 when leading after six innings this season.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan