Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Trial set for Danville selectman charged with grabbing boy
Russell Harding, 35, is expected to go on trial June 24 in Rockingham County Superior Court on two counts of misdemeanor simple assault.
Prosecutors say Harding assaulted the boy at Day Field in Danville on Aug. 18, 2012, just prior to the town's movie night.
Defense lawyer Raymond Mello argued in court papers that his client was attempting to prevent what "appears to be an unlawful taking of his property or criminal mischief."
State police charged Harding on Sept. 6, 2012, after being called in by Danville police to investigate the altercation. The teenage boy's mother called Danville police on Aug. 19, 2012, which prompted the investigation.
Harding has denied any wrongdoing and has refused to resign as a selectman. He later informed the board he would not attend selectmen's meetings and would take a leave.
The trial is expected to last one day. Lawyers are expected meet with a judge at a final pre-trial hearing on June 12.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424