Derry district names new assistant principals
Melissa Lance was named assistant principal at Gilbert H. Hood Middle School. She currently teaches in Franklin, and before that was a math teacher for 16 years in a town outside Philadelphia.
"She's a bright lady," said Hood Principal Austin Garofalo. "We love that she's coming with a math background. That's an area we are working on."
"That's where we will begin planning for next year," he said. "We're really looking forward to it."
Bill Fox is a longtime Derry resident who went through the Derry school system.
Most recently, he has been the English department head at Manchester Memorial High School and came highly regarded with great references, according to Derry Superintendent Laura Nelson.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 1
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'