Derry district names new assistant principals
Melissa Lance was named assistant principal at Gilbert H. Hood Middle School. She currently teaches in Franklin, and before that was a math teacher for 16 years in a town outside Philadelphia.
"She's a bright lady," said Hood Principal Austin Garofalo. "We love that she's coming with a math background. That's an area we are working on."
"That's where we will begin planning for next year," he said. "We're really looking forward to it."
Bill Fox is a longtime Derry resident who went through the Derry school system.
Most recently, he has been the English department head at Manchester Memorial High School and came highly regarded with great references, according to Derry Superintendent Laura Nelson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Timberlane schools want to be better communicators - 0
- PSU professor who was inspired by nurses honored for her own work - 0
- Keene State College holds student forum on pumpkin riot - 2
- Monitoring social media - 2
- Siege Day launched at Pinkerton; students gain hands-on experience with homemade catapults - 0
- Middle school student's mom says principal used chokehold - 0
- School board suspends driver's ed program in Manchester, will probe source of $180k deficit - 2
- Manchester middle school principal placed on leave - 2
- Lebanon begins search for new school superindendent - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood