Beyond warm for the weekend
Seven-month-old Bradley Yates Jr. of Nashua enjoys his first visit to Hampton Beach on Thursday with his mom, Crystal Yates. (GRETYL MACALASTER/Union Leader Correspondent)
"It is going to be definitely a mid-July type scenario," said Eric Sinsabaugh, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
All of southern New Hampshire, except maybe right along the coast, should see temperatures in the low to mid-90s on Saturday, with some scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
By late in the day on Sunday, he said the state could be looking at a very strong line of showers and thunderstorms coming through and lasting into Monday.
Sunday's temperatures will be a little cooler, ranging from the mid-80s to near 90 degrees, but still humid, with some mid- to high-level clouds moving in.
By Monday afternoon the front should have moved out, taking the humidity and extreme heat with it, leaving behind more seasonable temperatures and sunshine for the rest of the week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof