Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Few answers in West High fight
The fight between two groups of youths eventually spilled over into the high school cafeteria. Police said the initial fight involved both West students and others, who met at Flaherty Lane and Schuyler Street, which is about two blocks north of the high school.
Bayne received a small stab wound to the center-left of his torso and was treated at a local hospital, said police, who identified and located him later in the evening. They said the injury was not serious, and he had apparently fled after getting stabbed.
Recriminations then spilled over to the West High School cafeteria, where School Resource Officer Brian Attardo and school faculty encountered a physical confrontation between several people, police said.
"Subsequent to (the) stabbing, several subjects were chased from the scene by members of the opposing group. They were chased south on Flaherty Lane, across Hecker Street, and into West High School, where a confrontation ensued in the school's cafeteria," police said in a statement.
On Thursday afternoon, West High principal John Rist said the incident did not take place on West property. He was not in his office late Friday morning to take a call.
According to Superintendent Tom Brennan's office, he is awaiting an update from Rist before communicating any information.
"Witness accounts indicate that the fight on Flaherty Lane had been pre-arranged due to past conflicts among the people involved and their associates," a police statement said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483