Home » News » Crime » Fugitive of the Week
Outdoors with the AMC: The stars are out with astronomy programs at AMC lodges
This summer's astronomy programs are sponsored by Celestron, Inc.; Galileoscope, LLC; Atmosphere New Media and the International Dark Sky Association.
Opportunities still available for summer teen trail maintenance, adventure programs.
With summer just around the corner, teens looking for an exciting way to spend part of their upcoming school vacation may want to consider AMC's Teen Trail Crew programs and Teen Wilderness Adventure programs.
For teens seeking to learn or develop such outdoor skills as backpacking, whitewater paddling or Wilderness First Aid, AMC's Teen Wilderness Adventures may fit the bill. Open programs include a 5-day, hut-based hiking program; a 12-day multisport adventure that combines hiking, backpacking, mountaineering and whitewater paddling, and an 8-day Wilderness First Aid and Rescue course, designed to provide certification in Wilderness First Aid and CPR.
Rob Burbank is the director of media and public affairs for the Appalachian Mountain Club in Pinkham Notch. His column appears monthly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Longtime Goffstown resident remembered for his service - 0
- Great-granddaughter's effort gets late Colebrook chief on memorial - 0
- Souhegan Valley Chamber party will benefit Chaplain’s Emergency Relief Fund in Milford - 0
- New president named for memorial fund named after Greenland Chief Michael Maloney - 0
- Our Gourmet: A taste of Japan, just off Interstate 93 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Two ciders worth raising in a toast - 0
- Former NH resident Aliy Zirkle takes second in Iditarod after losing lead - 0
- Building on Hope provides boost for Amherst nonprofit - 0
- ‘Bow Wow Bedford’ to offer micro-chipping, rabies shots - 0
2014-2015 Wildlife Rule Hearings Set
Search for the Shamrock
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal