Outdoors with the AMC: The stars are out with astronomy programs at AMC lodges
This summer's astronomy programs are sponsored by Celestron, Inc.; Galileoscope, LLC; Atmosphere New Media and the International Dark Sky Association.
Opportunities still available for summer teen trail maintenance, adventure programs.
With summer just around the corner, teens looking for an exciting way to spend part of their upcoming school vacation may want to consider AMC's Teen Trail Crew programs and Teen Wilderness Adventure programs.
For teens seeking to learn or develop such outdoor skills as backpacking, whitewater paddling or Wilderness First Aid, AMC's Teen Wilderness Adventures may fit the bill. Open programs include a 5-day, hut-based hiking program; a 12-day multisport adventure that combines hiking, backpacking, mountaineering and whitewater paddling, and an 8-day Wilderness First Aid and Rescue course, designed to provide certification in Wilderness First Aid and CPR.
Rob Burbank is the director of media and public affairs for the Appalachian Mountain Club in Pinkham Notch. His column appears monthly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
- Strawbery Banke glides into the season on Seacoast - 0
- UNH ensembles to perform in Dec. 2 show - 0
- Nashua strolls into winter Saturday - 0
- It's musical war when the Dueling Pianos come to Concord - 0
Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection