Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Newtown shooter's mother mourned
Adam Lanza's older brother, Ryan, was among those who spoke at the service for his slain mother, a 1978 graduate of Sanborn Regional High School in Kingston.
Before the service began, mourners gathered at a nearby cemetery and placed flowers at a headstone for Lanza, whose maiden name was Champion.
While Lanza was a shooting victim, she's been a target of criticism from some who have questioned her parenting, arguing she's partly to blame for allowing her son to have access to guns.
"It's a tragedy that they portrayed her as somebody who allowed a mentally ill child to have guns and roam around. We still feel that Nancy was a victim. We feel terrible that this happened," said Tracy Taylor of Kingston, who attended Sanborn Regional High School with Lanza.
"It was such a tragedy, and we're all connected to it because we know the family. Everybody knows who Jimmy Champion is. Everybody loves him," Taylor said.
"They were nice people. They were a nice family," said Gerakas, who has owned the restaurant for 30 years.
Gerakas wasn't about to judge Lanza.
"People can make their own judgments," he said. "So many people were victims of this. I think it's a tragic situation.''
"It's sad, no matter how you look at it," Fran Johns, a waitress at Josiah's Restaurant, said as she prepared to close up around noon.
"I think she was a victim," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
- Mass. man charged with kidnapping - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival issues to get full airing Tuesday - 1
- Driver charged after man falls off car’s hood - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 6
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
- Claremont's Tarczewski lifts Arizona - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483