Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Newtown shooter's mother mourned
Adam Lanza's older brother, Ryan, was among those who spoke at the service for his slain mother, a 1978 graduate of Sanborn Regional High School in Kingston.
Before the service began, mourners gathered at a nearby cemetery and placed flowers at a headstone for Lanza, whose maiden name was Champion.
While Lanza was a shooting victim, she's been a target of criticism from some who have questioned her parenting, arguing she's partly to blame for allowing her son to have access to guns.
"It's a tragedy that they portrayed her as somebody who allowed a mentally ill child to have guns and roam around. We still feel that Nancy was a victim. We feel terrible that this happened," said Tracy Taylor of Kingston, who attended Sanborn Regional High School with Lanza.
"It was such a tragedy, and we're all connected to it because we know the family. Everybody knows who Jimmy Champion is. Everybody loves him," Taylor said.
"They were nice people. They were a nice family," said Gerakas, who has owned the restaurant for 30 years.
Gerakas wasn't about to judge Lanza.
"People can make their own judgments," he said. "So many people were victims of this. I think it's a tragic situation.''
"It's sad, no matter how you look at it," Fran Johns, a waitress at Josiah's Restaurant, said as she prepared to close up around noon.
"I think she was a victim," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 8
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 5
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483