Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Newtown shooter's mother mourned
Adam Lanza's older brother, Ryan, was among those who spoke at the service for his slain mother, a 1978 graduate of Sanborn Regional High School in Kingston.
Before the service began, mourners gathered at a nearby cemetery and placed flowers at a headstone for Lanza, whose maiden name was Champion.
While Lanza was a shooting victim, she's been a target of criticism from some who have questioned her parenting, arguing she's partly to blame for allowing her son to have access to guns.
"It's a tragedy that they portrayed her as somebody who allowed a mentally ill child to have guns and roam around. We still feel that Nancy was a victim. We feel terrible that this happened," said Tracy Taylor of Kingston, who attended Sanborn Regional High School with Lanza.
"It was such a tragedy, and we're all connected to it because we know the family. Everybody knows who Jimmy Champion is. Everybody loves him," Taylor said.
"They were nice people. They were a nice family," said Gerakas, who has owned the restaurant for 30 years.
Gerakas wasn't about to judge Lanza.
"People can make their own judgments," he said. "So many people were victims of this. I think it's a tragic situation.''
"It's sad, no matter how you look at it," Fran Johns, a waitress at Josiah's Restaurant, said as she prepared to close up around noon.
"I think she was a victim," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 5
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 11
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 4
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 10
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 7
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
2 dead in I-89 collision in Lebanon
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424