Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Newtown shooter's mother mourned
Adam Lanza's older brother, Ryan, was among those who spoke at the service for his slain mother, a 1978 graduate of Sanborn Regional High School in Kingston.
Before the service began, mourners gathered at a nearby cemetery and placed flowers at a headstone for Lanza, whose maiden name was Champion.
While Lanza was a shooting victim, she's been a target of criticism from some who have questioned her parenting, arguing she's partly to blame for allowing her son to have access to guns.
"It's a tragedy that they portrayed her as somebody who allowed a mentally ill child to have guns and roam around. We still feel that Nancy was a victim. We feel terrible that this happened," said Tracy Taylor of Kingston, who attended Sanborn Regional High School with Lanza.
"It was such a tragedy, and we're all connected to it because we know the family. Everybody knows who Jimmy Champion is. Everybody loves him," Taylor said.
"They were nice people. They were a nice family," said Gerakas, who has owned the restaurant for 30 years.
Gerakas wasn't about to judge Lanza.
"People can make their own judgments," he said. "So many people were victims of this. I think it's a tragic situation.''
"It's sad, no matter how you look at it," Fran Johns, a waitress at Josiah's Restaurant, said as she prepared to close up around noon.
"I think she was a victim," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424