Home » News » Public Safety
Litchfield woman dies after being hit by SUV
Police identified the victim as Debbie Craven.
Police said George Vasconellos, 20, of Hampstead, was driving a 1999 Jeep Cherokee westbound on Derry Road, also known as Route 102, when his vehicle struck Craven, who was trying to cross the street. Craven was pronounced dead at the scene.
Vasconellos was not injured.
Cpl. Heath Savage said police continue to investigate the accident and have not ruled out alcohol or drugs as a possible factor, either on the part of the driver or the pedestrian.
He said police are "getting full cooperation" from the driver. His vehicle was seized after the fatal accident.
No charges have been filed, Savage said.
The accident happened shortly before 9 p.m., and Savage said there are no street lights where it occurred.
"Somebody walking across the road, it would be difficult to see them unless they're wearing reflective clothing," he said.
Derry Road was closed from 9 p.m. until about 2 a.m. while the traffic accident reconstruction team from Hudson police assisted Litchfield in investigating the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 2
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw