Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester boy, 10, who drowned in Mass. pond remembered as 'very special'
Alex Glennon, a fourth-grader at Henry Wilson Elementary, drowned in Morses Pond in Wellesley, Mass., Saturday evening while visiting friends with his family, according to Wellesley police.
“He was just a great little boy, and everyone at the school loved him and treated him like gold,” Potvin said. “This is devastating.”
“I just saw him Friday, and heard he was leaving the school and the family was moving to Massachusetts,” said Potvin. “I told him to make sure he stopped in before he left, so he could pick a stuffed dog to take with him. Then I upped it to two dogs, then three and then four. He was laughing and laughing at that. I can’t believe this happened.”
Brennan said grief counselors would be available today as students and staff return to class.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 11
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 13
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 24
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?