Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester boy, 10, who drowned in Mass. pond remembered as 'very special'
Alex Glennon, a fourth-grader at Henry Wilson Elementary, drowned in Morses Pond in Wellesley, Mass., Saturday evening while visiting friends with his family, according to Wellesley police.
“He was just a great little boy, and everyone at the school loved him and treated him like gold,” Potvin said. “This is devastating.”
“I just saw him Friday, and heard he was leaving the school and the family was moving to Massachusetts,” said Potvin. “I told him to make sure he stopped in before he left, so he could pick a stuffed dog to take with him. Then I upped it to two dogs, then three and then four. He was laughing and laughing at that. I can’t believe this happened.”
Brennan said grief counselors would be available today as students and staff return to class.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness